13.5.13

Fear.

I have a slight issue with fear.
   Fear that I am going to fail.
    Fear of being scared.
    Fear of fear.
    Fear of getting hurt.
    Fear of pain.
    Fear of darkness.
    Fear of spiders.
    Fear of nightmares.
    Fear of scary movies.
    Fear of crowds.
    Fear of being laughed at.
    Fear of yelling.
    Fear of ..
          I should probably stop so I don't freak myself out.

It's not that I am afraid of monsters or anything.
    I am afraid of the things that exist.
When it comes to the horror movies..
  I know its fake.
   But I still won't watch them.
  Because I have always had vivid, life like, scary dreams.
  Without! The help of horror movies.
 
               I am scared of a lot of things.
     It is hard to overcome your fears!

Like today.
    I have to go in for surgery on my foot.
        To me. Scary!
     I am scared of the pain.
   I went in two weeks ago, but they had to let me go.
      Something about me going slightly hysterical..
        Really. I was bad.
     I have to take Valium today..
       So I don't freak out.
                           

                   Everyone has their battles.
               Mine is fear.
                   I am trying to overcome fear.
          Trying to remember that I am never alone.
                       That I am strong.
                       That I have courage.
    That I have a God who can protect me from everything.

   You can overcome anything with the help of God.

             
                                    What are you trying to overcome?
           
                   A rambling about fear..
     I have been super stressed and super scared about today.
       So I had to just let out all my fears.
        And reassure myself that I can overcome fear.


This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3
             

2 comments:

  1. Hope your foot heals well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always had vivid life-like dreams as well, and I share a lot of those same fears.
    You'll be okay! Just remember that whatever problem with your foot will (more than likely) be gone after this surgery. the pain will be worth it. talk to Jesus and give yourself a pep talk in the mirror. :)
    You can do it! Hope your foot heals up well!

    ReplyDelete

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.