4.7.13

Its the 4th.

the smiles

the laughs

the lights

the noise

the beauty

the freedom 

I look around trying to find a good place to sit before the fireworks start.
As I sit on the grass I start clutching my ears anxiously waiting for the first fire work.
"Psst. Why are you plugging your ears?"
    "Ugh. Do I have to go over this every time?"
"I guess so.."
"Okay, ever since I was little I have hatted loud noises. Especially fireworks."
"Oh, so you don't like fire works?"
"Did I say that? No. I love fire works! I hate the noise."
"Ah.. That makes sense."
I start to sigh.
'Boom'
I plug my ears harder. Its so beautiful.
A celebration of our freedom.
And array of lights for our country.
'Bam'
I try and see if its not that loud.
Unplugging my ears..
 'BOOM'
Okay that didn't work, I say to myself.
I sit in awe of the splendor that surrounds the sky.
After the fire works I race over and eat some cake.
I look around.
Little kids running with dangerous sparklers.
But yet its gorgeous.
I grab a sparkler and sit on the steps.
The sun has set.
The fire works are going on.
The cake is calling me.
Everything is so simple yet so complex.
Families laughing together.
Its the 4th.

embrace the light // behold the boom

10 comments:

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.