15.7.13

invisible pain

I looked down at the little face that stared up at me.
"Why do we all hurt?" she asked.
"Its just a part of life.." I replied trying to answer the best I could.
"You don't look like you hurt." 
"Now that.. That's invisible pain."
"Invisible pain.. Whats that?" she said, with a curious look in her eyes.
"Invisible pain is when you hurt, but you choose to keep it to your self. Maybe so you don't bother other people, or maybe because you feel that its not important."
"Is it important?"
"All pain is important.. because it could hurt that person more then that same thing would hurt another.  Invisible pain hurts the worse, because you keep holding all the pain inside you and it just builds up."
"So why don't you just let it out?" she said smiling, because she had found the answer.
"Honestly I don't know.." I replied, thinking about the question that the little girl had asked.

I am the type of person who could be hurting emotionally and no one would know. Unless you read me very well, and even if someone knows.. I just try and brush it off like its no big deal. All pain matters. Even if its small, if you hold it in it can build to something bigger. It may seem like invisible pain, but its not invisible.

                                                     || Life updates ||

I found out I have laryngitis. Yup. That is something that was not on my bucket list.. My throat is on fire.
 My voice is practically a whisper, so when people can't hear me and I try to talk louder I sound like a braying donkey.. So I will be writing a little bit more that usual.. :) Because normally when I write, I write the way I talk.. With different tones for different sentences. That does make it confusing sometimes.. And now I can't even sing around the house or in the shower!!! Probably the worst part. Haha! :D Plus I can't laugh. Oh well.. At least I can laugh on the inside! LOL! XD Have a great laryngitis free day! :)

8 comments:

  1. So true...I'm pretty bad at hiding my emotions, but I still understand. :)
    Aw, that stinks, I've never had it but it sounds terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh laryngitis is horrible. My sister ended up with it after having a cold a few months ago, and she was exactly the same as you. (couldn't sing, her voice was a whisper, etc.)
    Hope you get better soon! <3

    xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way about not telling people how I feel....

    Ugh! I'm so sorry you have laryngitis. :'( I hope you feel all perfect really soon!!!
    xoxo
    sw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't tell people how I feel either...(Have I ever told you I am REALLY sensitive? REALLY REALLY REALLY)

    AAA! I'm so sorry you have laryngitis. D: Hope you feel better really soon!


    Your friend,

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kayla! You poor thing, Im so sorry you have laryngitis D:
    Hope you feel better soon ♥

    x Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sad for you!! I couldn't imagine not singing in the shower :'( that's just HORIBLE that you have laryngitis!!!

    Cia!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon, Kayla!

    ReplyDelete

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.