25.8.13

books : divergent ( rant )

I did it. I finally read divergent! Okay, so I know this book came out like two years ago... But I didn't start hearing about it until two months ago. I absolutely love this book. Period. 
I believe if I go in to to much detail, I will probably give the whole story away... 
I also loved the fact that it was a longer book. I thought it would be around 300 pages, but It is 500 pages. Which meant I could read it in 4 hours instead of 2. It gives you more time to enjoy the book. I was so excited when I was reaching the end, and then I realized you basically have to read the second book to finish the story. 
I almost *sniff sniff* cried. :'-(


Anyways.. Back to my rant. :)
Some people said that the first part and middle part were boring. And that the main jest of the story started near the end... I disagree. I didn't find it boring at all.
Personally, I think, that all of the book matters. Because you get to know the characters better. 
Like Tobias. 0.o
I love when you figure out why they call him four.
I know this is wired.. But I liked the part where Tris is in stage two and Four figures out she is divergent.
I just love Tris. Plus her mom is epic! ( Read the end. ) Just saying.
I cried at the end ,when you know who dies, while trying to save her.
And when she has to kill.... I am stopping.. Because I am going to probably spoil the book..

Main point of this rant : This book is really good. I recommend it for 12 and up. Or 13.. depending on your handling and maturity. If you apply for that, read this book. :)

Ps. I could never be abnegation. Defiantly not. -.-

Stay beautifully divergent.
xoxo, kayla

9 comments:

  1. IKR, I am so obsessed with this trilogy, ALLEGIANT COME FASTER!!!! You MUST read Insurgent. NOW. I finished Divergent in less than two days. XD I'm such a bookworm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent is just lovely. XD And guess what, the movie comes out on my birthday! :)

    Stay lovely unicorn!

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SERIOUSLY?! That is so awesome!! You lucky girl...who could ask for a better birthday present? ;)

      Delete
  3. You make me want to read it more! :) I put it on hold at my library, and I'm next in line to get it! :D I can't wait to read it! :D
    xox
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. psst! I nominated you for the Elegant Blogger Award on my blog!! :D
      http://myrandomnessandramblings.blogspot.com/2013/08/elegant-blogger-award.html

      Delete
  4. I FREAKING LOVE DIVERGENT!!!! *sobs* don't bring up the end, just don't. Are trying to murder me?! And Tobias, just *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this book!!

    I like your blog & i follow you via gfc and bloglovin :)

    Do you want to swap buttons with me? Let me know!

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my freakin' gosh. I AM OBSESSED. It's the best!! I read Divergent and Insurgent, then read half of Divergent again. I finished Divergent in 4 days and I'm a super slow reader ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and you will cry in Insurgent. TRUST ME. xD

    ReplyDelete

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.