30.8.13

beautifully imperfect




"I think I should put this here, and this here." I mumbled to myself.
I had been working on this project for years. Putting the best moments of my life, on this wall.
The picture I had clasped in my hands was the final touch.
If I could only find the right spot to place it.
I took a couple photographs off of the wall and placed them to the right.
How am I supposed to arrange these? 
I laid back onto my bed and looked at my memorabilia. That's what I would call it.
Resting my eyes, I brushed my hand over the picture I was holding. These were moments caught on film. A time of laughter and happiness. Not perfection, but beautifully imperfect.
Wait. That's the key.
I sprang up, and closed my eyes. With the picture in my hand I placed it on my wall.
"There." I said, opening my eyes. I had done it. It was beautifully imperfect.

-------------------------------------

Hats off to you.
One day I am going to make a picture wall. The idea is beautiful. Having a wall full of your memories, captured in the moment. Not perfectly arranged but beautifully imperfect. 
An array of clutter that has meaning. Each piece an impact on your life.
Some times we feel like we are not worth it.
Or that we are no where near perfect.
Truth is? No one can be perfect, but can we not try and be beautifully imperfect?



Stay beautifully imperfect.
xoxo,
Kayla

7 comments:

  1. I'd love to have a picture wall, too. :) If ONLY I had my own room! :P
    So much I'd love to do with my walls, but I can't. :/ :p I really loved this, Kayla! :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! ♥ I want to do that so bad, but I'd need to get pictures printed... :P

    Stay flawless <3
    xoxo Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla,
    Would you guest post at my blog? Pretty please!;)
    If you would like to, please check out my blog and leave a comment in the guestbook so I can get in touch with you.
    -<3 Khloe Grace
    keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to comment again.:) The title of my blog is actually All Things Good. Could you please change it in the swaps. Thanks!
    keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your picture wall, I'm getting ready to make one in my new room away from home and I love the idea of placing them randomly!
    Please take a look at my blog
    Olivia
    livvdx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.