20.4.13

Moment of Exhilaration! :) And intensiveness!

Tuesday night was awesome! The bottles flying in the air, splashing water all over the dugout. People cheering from the stands, as my teammates and friends screamed with joy. I don't think I have ever hugged so many people! It was exhilarating!

 I should probably start from the beginning though... 

    'Happy Valley' middle school has a pretty good reputation, for being undefeated and amazing at softball. 
That kind of struck fear in the hearts of our team members. A lot of us were envisioning our team going down the drain! Although we were nervous, and practically knew we were going to lose, we practiced before our game like we always did. We patiently waited for the other game to end, so we could use the field. When they had finished we all had to quickly grab our stuff, and race to the dugout. When I passed the 'Millers team', I asked them, "Hey, Did you win or lose?". I was guessing they had lost... My friend Tala said, "Well we lost 6 to 16, you are going to beat them though!". That lifted my hopes, and a few other girls hopes. When we were in the dugout, I was talking to Caitlin, and we finally contemplated that since we had beaten the 'Millers team' 0 to 13, and 'Happy Valley' had only beaten them 6 to 16. We had a glimmer of light, to win! Obviously that made everyone hopeful. 

In the first inning it was 0 to 2, we were two! Of course, I mean we are pretty amazing!
It brought our team off to a pretty good start! We were pumped! Maybe we had a chance of winning after all?

It got to a tie breaker in the beginning of 2nd inning, with a score of 2 to 2.  We broke it off and got another point! Leaving us with a staggering score of 2 to 3. I could have scored a point, but as I was standing,  waiting for the ball to come. It FLEW past me , about to graze my chest, so I Jumped back! ...STRIKE!.. Yay... At least I didn't cry this time! C'mon anybody who has played softball, is not going to tell me that they have never shed a tear when they've struck out!

In the beginning of the 3rd inning 'Happy Valley' scored FIVE more points. We all got pretty depressed, and I had no water... Yes, that was very important to me! The smell of sweat was pretty bad in that dugout, I didn't even know us girls could smell that bad! Despite my nose cringing, I walked towards our coach ,as he was telling us that, " All you girls have to do is score 5 runs, and we will be a head!" Well, that made us determined! Caitlin, Aubry, Charish, and I shouted cheers and chants, from the dugout. Trying to spark enthusiasm and hope! We pulled it off, boy did we pull it off! We got 5 runs, by that time, my voice was so sore I couldn't even croak! The fact that we got 5 runs energized us all. We had the lead of the score, 7 to 8.

The fourth inning got pretty intense! They scored 2 runs. Leaving us with a astonishing score of 8 to 8!
All we had to do was score ONE run, and the game would be over. We fought like crazy! Determined not to go into the ground. Unfortunately we didn't get a run... But.. I did hit it! And then got out... But lets focus on the fact that I hit it!

The fifth inning... Bum. Bum.. Bumm... They started.. And got another run! That meant we had to get two whole runs, or our lives were over! Wen it was our turn to bat, I have never been so nervous in my whole LIFE! We Had bases loaded! When Kindle and Kinsington crossed home plate... It was the most AMAZING moment of our life! The bottles flying in the air, splashing water all over the dugout. People cheering from the stands, as my teammates and friends screamed with joy. I don't think I have ever hugged so many people! It was exhilarating! I went momentarily deaf! 
'Happy Valley' was super angry! They stormed off! And wouldn't even say good game! I kinda felt bad... But the exciting moment drowned out all the feeling bad! We couldn't believe we had won!!!

   That was my game! I got kind of tiered of writing this post for a LONG time. So I cut it short...
       Sorry! I will keep adding stuff to this post later!
                    I wanted to post something! So I didn't wait to long to post! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.