1.10.13

this is to october


This is to October, were leaving September behind.
To a hope that this month will be better than the last.
And a longing in our hearts for the days that will pass.
This is to the cooler months, for the wind the rain and shine.
A love for the Autumn leaves.
And the cool gentle fall breeze.
This is for the laughs we will have.
The tears that will come our way.
The times that we feel like we are on top of the world.
And we couldn't have a better day.
This is for memory's and fires aglow.
For the wishing and longing for the white kiss of snow.
This is for knowing that we have a month.
To continue to laugh and continue to love.

To say that I love the Autumn, is an understatement. Because the fall is my favorite season, apart from winter that is. 
You can pull on your sweaters and boots, and just walk outside with the cool fall air. That to me, is basically perfect.
Am I the only one that will go out of my way to crunch leaves that haven't been stepped on. Yup, I do that a lot. I am just walking down the road and I see a perfect orange leaf. Next thing you know I am 'randomly' going to the side and taking special care to crunch that leaf. I have no self control in that situation.
Stay waiting for leaves to fall.
xoxo,
Kayla




2 comments:

  1. You're a wonder, child. To say that I love this poem is an understatement. Because, while it may not have been an intention, a sense of ingenuity has seeped from your epic mind, through this poem, and into my autumn-adoring soul. May you live to write many more pieces of poetry as eloquent as this.

    xx Les, who has unexpectedly made a comeback. o.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla! You have been following my lifestyle blog, Janette Lane, for a while... Thank you for following me! I finally got a chance to come visit your blog and follow back you as well! I'm follower 84! I wish I was 85 cause that just sounds better to me for some reason.. HAHA! Love this poem you wrote because I am a fellow-fall-fanatic too! Crunching on leaves like it's in style ;)

    Have a great day!

    ♥,
    Janette

    Janette Lane Blog


    ♥,
    Janette

    Janette Lane Blog

    ReplyDelete

It'd be pretty great if you commented, just sayin.